Businesses in the heavy construction industry face complex obstacles and must focus on the customer, specific project requirements, and equipment utilization. This industry involves a wide range of construction activities, from constructing pipelines and underground utilities to building roads, highways, and bridges. Heavy construction businesses are also required to manage a huge variety of project phases, including site preparation, demolition, excavation, etc., along with complex requirements, standards, and possible penalties.
And your current management accounting system probably just isn’t cutting it. Having your operations, financial data, payroll, project management, costing, preventative equipment maintenance, field ticketing, communications, scheduling, and equipment tracking centralized into a single database is critical to success; the centralized system gives you easy access to critical information with alerts, dashboards, and reporting.
Our software solutions provide you with the critical tools to manage time, cost and scope. General contractors (pipeline, earthwork, roads, power lines, etc.) must also manage the risk of supplying and/or subcontracting the necessary materials, equipment, labour, and services to get the project done.
We specialize in construction business process analysis. Asyma Solutions provides companies with a detailed analysis that reduces or eliminates countless hours and resources lost due to duplication, human error, and more. We optimize your processes so you can take advantage of advances in management best practices and ensure your ongoing success.
Is your heavy construction/contracting business troubled by:
- Inability to determine profit or loss by project/phase/category?
- Inability to manage equipment and labor costs, revenue, and productivity?
- Inability to adequately track fleet maintenance?
- Undocumented project changes?
- Poor project management due to limited access to information?
- Project cost records so behind that you can’t bill by phases?
- Low utilization of equipment and labour due to poor scheduling?
- Non-existent or after-the-fact field reporting?
- Inability to adequately track health and safety issues?
- Inability to adequately track supplies material costs?
- Cumbersome reporting?
- Accurate visibility and reporting on job/service profitability with a click of a button.
- Breaking down costs to determine profit/loss.
- Comparing actual cost to estimate and determine if a project is on budget.
- Proper procedures to document change orders.
- Proper flow of information for timely and accurate project costing and variances from estimates.
- Improved office information flow for accurate invoicing and accelerated collections.
- Improved payroll processing requirements.
- Continuous monitoring of projects by phases and categories.
- Proper control of maintenance and safety practices for equipment operators.
- Purchase order control processing with integration to project costing.
- Timesheet automation for employees and equipment with integration to payroll.